DRIVERS ONLY- via Website and App
Effective date: 18th May 2018
At London Carriages we ensure that we provide a trusted, reliable and happy journey to all our customers, and seek to ensure that our drivers are happy to continue to work for us. We are dedicated to maintaining your trust with us, and this starts by respecting the privacy rights of our online visitors.
We seek to ensure that we are transparent in outlining how we collect, use, store and protect your personal information when you engage with us.
In compliance with the (UK) General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, the ‘Data Controller’ is London Carriages & Couriers Ltd, 50 Hanbury Street, Shadwell, E1 5JL.
We may occasional update this statement. Your use of our Website and LC Drivers (herein known as the “App”) and your continued engagement with us under the Terms of Service of the applicable Driver Agreement will mean that you accept this and any subsequent revisions.
What personal information do we collect from you?
1. As an online visitor of our Website www.londoncarriages.co.uk/drivers there are many actions you will engage in that do not take any personal information from you.
2. By registering on our Website, you are consenting to us collecting and using your personal information, including but not limited to; your name, email address mobile phone number, private hire driving license number.
3. As a condition of providing Passengers/Customers with transportation, delivery or other services via the App, when you create, modify, or log into your account on our App, or request support from us through this medium, you are consenting to us collecting and using your personal information, strictly for the purposes connected and necessary with the performance of services you provide.
4. This is including, but not limited to:
(a) Your name, address, phone number, national insurance, photograph payroll, bank account records.
(b) Other unique identifiers such as badge and driver license numbers, driving licensing data and vehicle information, such as car insurance, MOT and V5 logbook details.
(c) Vehicle activity and travel data include the precise location, geographical information via GPS or otherwise, the position of the Driver’s to the Passenger. The Driver acknowledges that we collect mobile sensor data from their device(s), such as speed, direction, height, acceleration, deceleration, and this may be used for furthering and improving our services, including quality management performance and location-based accuracy services such as ride requests in proximity, analysis of usage patterns and reports.
(d)Information from Driver’s devices, including IP address web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push token notifications.
(e) Information about your interactions with the LC Drivers Platform, and actions within the App, and the dates and times of your visits.
(f) Communication(s) in which we receive and monitor between Passengers/Customers and Drivers, including the date and time of the call(s) or SMS message(s), the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of any SMS message(s), For security purposes you will be given notice that any calls that you engage in with London Carriages and Passengers/Customers may be recorded for training or monitoring purposes and by proceeding you agree to allow London Carriages to monitor and/or record communication(s).
(g) Medical or health conditions (or accessibility/mobility needs), race and ethnic origins.
(h) Results of a secure Basic Disclosure Check to provide any information on previous criminal convictions or alleged offences, where relevant, as part of our operator obligations and TFL licensing requirements.
(i) Transaction information- as a Driver of London Carriages, you will receive payment for the provision of services pursuant to the Service Agreement with us. To therefore ensure our Drivers get paid, we collect information about Driver’s bank account details, tax information and other payment information provided by Drivers.
5. The necessary personal information collected from you, and in accordance to the provisions above, includes that of which provided by you to us over the telephone, website (www.londoncarriages.co.uk/drivers) and input on our App. This is in line with our Terms of Service, which can be found here at: www.londoncarriages.co.uk/drivers-termsofservice.
What about cookies?
Our Website may also use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered.
“Cookies” are very small files that are sent by us to your computer or other access device which we can access when you visit our site in the future. Cookies and tracking information can help customise the Website for visitors and are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Website, and understanding how visitors use the Website, and build up a demographic profile.
There are three types of cookies:
1. Website functionality cookies
These cookies enable you to browse the Website and use our features such as registering to enquire on our Drivers page.
2. Website analytics cookies
We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our Drivers use the Website. This allows us to continuously improve our Website and the services offered to you.
3. Driver preference cookies
When browsing, the website will remember the preferences you make (for example, remembering your login, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you have previously provided personal identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information.
By using our Website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you visit the site in the future.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your device(s), please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
How is this personal information used?
When you register via our Website www.londoncarriages.co.uk/drivers and/or our App, we can use your personal information for any combination of the following reasons, including but not limited to:
1. Providing you with information about our application process that may be relevant to you.
2. Sending emails and text messages to Drivers who have started the driver application process regarding the status of their application.
3. Determining a Driver’s eligibility to drive for London Carriages.
4. Notifying Drivers about ride demand, pricing and service updates.
5. Analysing usage patterns for safety and insurance purposes.
6. Notifying you of any changes to our services.
7. Sending you marketing updates, but only ever in accordance with your preferences, should you wish to subscribe to receive regular, updated marketing communications.
8. Internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor user patterns so we can consistently improve our services to meet user needs.
9. Carrying out dispute resolution procedures using the above information you supply us to effectively deal with complaints and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
10. Investigating or taking action regarding any legal issues, including but not limited to any breach of our Terms of Service.
Who may we disclose your personal information to?
Whilst we are committed to ensure your personal information is kept secure, it may be necessary to disclose such to any or a combination of the following:
1. Our internal team at London Carriages for the necessary purposes of effectively processing your enquiries and any application of an independent provider of transportation services.
2. Customers/Passengers of Paddington Airport Transfers. We will only ever disclose personal information, limited to the Driver’s name, TFL number, photograph, vehicle identification details (such as vehicle registration number, make and model of the vehicle), and mobile phone number strictly for identification purposes and for the purposes of matching Drivers with Customers/Passengers to carry out the said services pursuant to our Terms of Service. The Driver shall not contact Customers/Passengers or use any Customers/Passengers’ personal information for any other reason other than for the purposes of fulfilling the services pursuant to the Agreement.
3. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, London Carriages may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body. This includes, but is not limited to, the police, fraud prevention agencies and other law enforcement agencies who may keep a record of such information for the detection and prevention of crime. In the event we disclose the above, this is done on a strictly case-by-case basis to ensure we comply with UK Data Protection legislation.
4. We do collate information about site traffic, bookings and other commercial information, and this may be passed onto third parties. However, this does not include any information that would identify you personally.
5. You have the right to request to not have any marketing information sent to you. We therefore do not share your personal information with third party marketing companies.
Where is this personal information stored and how do we ensure it is safeguarded?
1. We use up-to-date industry procedures to safeguard the security, integrity and privacy of all your personal information supplied to us.
2. We ensure that your personal information is stored on our secure server, which is located at our office in London.
3. This can only be accessed by limited personnel of London Carriages to supply you with the above services. Only employees have access to this data within our offices and not from home. It may also be made accessible to staff outside our offices who work for us i.e. system maintenance or technical problems.
4. The Company shall retain each item of data only for as long as necessary with reference to the reasonable cause for which it was obtained. In accordance with TFL licensing requirements, our operator obligations require that all driver and vehicle records are to be kept for a minimum of 12 months.
How you can access and change the personal information that London Carriages holds about you?
1. You have the legal right to make a Subject Access Request to London Carriages to retrieve the personal information we hold about you.
2. This is subject to a fee of £10 to enable us to respond to your request promptly, within the prescribed 30 days from the date of validation of your request, and to cover our administrative costs involved.
How can you contact us?
App – Go to the menu option on the App and click ‘Contact Us’
Email – email@example.com
Telephone – 0203 302 7240
SMS – 0786 003 9079
Or posting directly to our office: London Carriages, 50 Hanbury Street, Shadwell, E1 5JL.