PASSENGERS ONLY- via Website and App
Effective date: 18th May 2018
At London Carriages we ensure that we provide a trusted, reliable and positive journey to all our customers, and seek to ensure that our drivers are happy to continue to work for us. We are dedicated to maintaining your trust with us, and this starts by respecting the privacy rights of our online visitors.
We seek to ensure that we are transparent in outlining how we collect, use, store and protect your personal information when you use our services.
In compliance with the (UK) General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, the ‘Data Controller’ is London Carriages & Couriers Ltd, 50 Hanbury Street, Shadwell, E1 5JL.
What personal information do we collect from you?
- As an online visitor of our Website londoncarriages.co.uk there are many actions you will engage in that do not take any personal information from you.
- When booking or registering for a service offered by London Carriages via our Website, App or telephone, there will be some personal information that is required as mandatory and some that is optional. If you do not enter the personal information that is required as mandatory, we will be unable to provide you with the desired service.
- When booking a journey with London Carriages via our Website, App or telephone, personal information that will be required includes your name, email address, telephone number, pick-up address, destination address and credit/debit card details and billing address(es) in order for us to process and fulfil your booking.
- When using our App on your mobile device or other electronic device(s) we will receive your location. We may also collect the precise location of your device(s) when the App is running in the foreground or background. We also receive information from users’ devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, push notification tokens.
- We receive and monitor information about your communication(s), including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of any SMS messages between Passengers and Drivers. For security purposes, you will be given notice that any calls you engage in may be recorded for training or monitoring purposes, and that by proceeding you therefore agree to allow London Carriages to monitor and record call(s) necessary for the above stated purposes.
- Sharing of your location information is necessary to carry out the Services entrusted to the Company’s App despatch system, such as matching Passengers with Drivers to determine pick-up and destination locations, and suggesting destinations based on previous trips.
- The necessary personal information collected from you, and in accordance to the provisions above, includes that of which is provided by you to us over the telephone, our Website (londoncarriages.co.uk) and input onto our App.
- Only required personal information is given to the PHO (Private Hire Operator) and for these purposes only.
- By registering, you are consenting to us collecting and using your personal information in line with our Terms of Service, which can be found here at: londoncarriages.co.uk/termsofservice
What about cookies?
Our Website may also use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered.
“Cookies” are very small files that are sent by us to your computer or to other access device(s) which we can access when you visit our site in the future. Cookies and other tracking information can help to customise the Website for visitors, and are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Website, and understanding how visitors use the Website, and build up a demographic profile.
There are three types of cookies:
- Website functionality cookies
These cookies enable you to browse the Website and use our features such as using a registered account and booking journeys.
- Website analytics cookies
We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our visitors use the Website. This allows us to continuously improve our Website and your booking experience.
- Customer preference cookies
When browsing, the Website will remember the preferences you make (i.e. login, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and customised to you.
Personal information cannot be collected via cookies or other tracking technology. However, if you have previously provided personal identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the hep and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
How is this personal information used?
London Carriages can use your personal information for any combination of the following reasons, to include:
- Processing of orders and payments to provide you with a personalised booking experience.
- Notifying you of booking details and vehicle details via your mobile device or other electronic device(s).
- Travelling to and from your pick-up location and destination address, and facilitating communication(s) between you and Drivers, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs) in order to fulfil your journey booking.
- Providing you with about our services that may be relevant to you.
- Notifying you of any changes to our services.
- Sending you marketing updates, including information about products, services, promotions, news and events of London Carriages and other companies, but only ever in accordance with your preferences, should you wish to subscribe to receive regular, updated marketing communications.
- Internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our services to meet customer needs.
- Remarketing, retargeting or profiling purposes, including via third parties (such as social networking apps), and we will always ask for your consent prior to doing so.
- Collecting information you provide us with if you choose to post messages, reviews or other content on the App.
- Carrying out complaint procedures using the booking details you supply to us.
- Investigating or taking action regarding any legal issues, including but not limited to any breach of our Terms of Service.
Who may we disclose your personal information to?
Whilst we are committed to ensure your personal information is kept secure, it may be necessary to disclose such to any or a combination of the following:
- Our internal team at London Carriages in order to effectively process your booking, fulfil your journey and manage your account.
- Our Drivers in order to enable them to provide the services you request, but this is limited to your name, number, pick-up and drop-off locations.
- Where there is a legal obligation to do so, London Carriages may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body. This includes, but is not limited to, the police, fraud prevention agencies and other law enforcement agencies who may keep a record of such information for the detection and prevention of crime. In the event we disclose the above, this is done on a strictly case-by-case basis to ensure we comply with UK Data Protection legislation.
- We do collate information about site traffic, bookings and other commercial information, and this may be passed onto third parties. However, this does not include any information that would identify you personally.
- You have the right to request to not have any marketing information sent to you. We therefore do not share your personal information with third party marketing companies.
Where is this personal information stored and how do we ensure it is safeguarded?
- We use up-to-date industry procedures to safeguard the security, integrity and privacy of all of your personal information provided to us.
- We ensure that your personal information is stored on our secure server, which is located at our office in London.
- This can only be accessed by limited personnel of London Carriages to supply you with the above services. Only employees have access to this data within our offices and not from home. It may also be made accessible to staff outside our offices who work for us i.e. system maintenance or technical problems.
- We do not store your payment or credit/debit card information on our internal servers, nor are they stored in physical form.
- We use secured a third party service to process payments.
- When taking payments, we encrypt your payment information via secure socket layer protection (SSL) to protect it from unauthorised use.
- Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the complete and total safety of any information you input onto this Website, via the internet, as this not a generally secure medium of communication.
- Although we use security features to restrict access and prevent unauthorised use, we recommended all customers ought to keep their account number and online log-in details confidential, as any transaction is at your own risk.
How you can access and change the personal information that London Carriages holds about you?
- You have the legal right to make a Subject Access Request to London Carriages to retrieve the personal information we hold about you.
- This is subject to a fee of £10 to enable us to respond to your request promptly, within the prescribed 30 days from the date of validation of your request, and to cover our administrative costs involved.
How can you contact us?
App- Go to the menu option on the App and click ‘Contact Us’
Telephone- 0203 302 7240
SMS- 0786 003 9079
Or posting directly to our office: London Carriages & Couriers Ltd, 50 Hanbury Street, Shadwell, E1 5JL.